Contents Insurance

Two-thirds of Renters Have No Contents Insurance

So, what does contents insurance cover?

  • Furniture – beds, sofas, bookcases, tables etc
  • Entertainment – DVDs, Books, Video Games etc
  • Kitchenware – Pots, pans, cutlery, microwaves, kettles etc
  • Soft furnishings – Bedding, pillows, curtains, cushions etc
  • Electricals – TVs, Radios, Computers, Laptops, Game Consoles etc
  • Clothes and jewellery
  • Other – Toys, ornaments, antiques

When will I need content insurance?

It is highly recommended that as soon as you move into a property you take up a content insurance policy. You need to ensure that your belongings and household items are protected and can be replaced if need be.

When is content insurance used?

Content insurance is used when the contents of your property are affected by either theft, flooding or fire. If your house was to have a fire, flood or be burgled you could be able to claim on your insurance.

 Tips to ensure you are eligible to claim on your content’s insurance:

  • Never leave keys in locks.
  • Never leave valuable items outside or in unlocked outbuildings including sheds.
  • Ensure if you lose a set of keys, inform your landlord or agent immediately.
  • Don’t use faulty appliances, if you suspect an appliance is faulty – let your landlord or agent know immediately.
  • If you have an alarm – use it! If you don’t know how to use it, manuals can easily be found online.
  • Don’t announce holidays on social media!
  • If you are burgled call the police and get a crime reference number immediately.
  • Always tell the truth when putting in a claim.
  • Remember all insurance policies are slightly different so ensure you choose one that is specific to your needs!

Let’s Get Talking Property!

Our team is always happy to give you a call and talk through how we can help.
Fill in this form to get started today.

    Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5.00pm. Saturdays 9am to 12 noon.