The latest survey from a specialist landlord insurance firm confirms what many in the industry will have known for a long time – cost and location are the two key factors that influence property choices for more than four out of five tenants.
– 86 per cent of respondents feel cost is the determining factor when choosing a rental property;
– the same percentage say location is key;
– ease of parking and whether the property has a garden were both classed as equally important by 44 per cent of renters;
– 32 per cent rate getting on with the landlord is less important than the décoration;
– 20 per cent say pets being allowed is a key factor;
– two per cent say accessibility is a key influencer.
This survey is twice a year “There’s been a slight shift in priorities over the last six months, with the cost and location both again being the most important consideration for prospective renters.”